Fabriciation Quality Supervision – Hornsea 1 Offshore Wind Farm
A-LEAF supported Ørsted in the period from 2016 – 2018 on the Hornsea 1 Offshore Wind Farm Project, with Quality Supervision on 174 Siemens Gamesa 7 MW Turbines. For this project A-LEAF supplied Quality Inspection Services towards the construction of nacelles at the Siemens production facility in Cuxhaven. Among others, our specialists performed Quality Inspections on all nacelle components, including: Hub, Generator, Front-end and Rear-end.
The developers behind the biggest Offshore Wind Farm to date yet, is a joint venture between Ørsted and Global Infrastructure Partners. Today the first turbines at Hornsea 1 are already commissioned and successfully operating, whereas the Hornsea 1 Offshore Wind Farm when fully operational will produce up to 1218 MW electricity pr. hour.
Services provided for the project:
- Final walk downs, and register snagging
- Inspection CTQ points and handling these into control plan document
- Monitoring/supervising/inspecting components and manufacturing activities
- Participation in the supplier’s inspection and test activities
- Monitoring product quality and participate in FAI/FAT activities
- Follow-up on manufacturing progress
- Reporting of non-conformities and observations.