Project & Quality Management – Södra Marieholms Bridge Project
In the period between 2016 – 2017, A-LEAF supported the two construction and engineering companies: Swedish – Skanska and Danish – MT-Højgaard with the installation and testing of Södra Marieholms Bridge in Göteborg, Sweden.
After the construction of movable parts for the bridge in Poland 2016, the parts were sent to Sweden for testing and installation. Bridging projects with movable parts like Södra Marieholm are typically very risky, with a high demand for quality and safety management. It was here that A-LEAF provided services within project management with a technical scope, towards planning and coordinating of site inspections, creation of work instructions and repair procedures, etc.
Furthermore, consultants from A-LEAF ensured a successful contracting of safe equipment, as well as follow-up and reporting of the overall project progress.
The Södra Marieholms Bridge was successfully opened up for public use in 2017.
Services provided for this project:
- – Contracting of Sub-contractors
- – Contracting of hired-in equipment (skylifts, generators, barge, etc.)
- – Planning and coordination of Sub-contractor’s activities & resources
- – Planning and coordination of site inspections
- – Follow-up and reporting of progress
- – Participate in project meetings with client
- – Ensure the creation of project specific documentation such as: work instructions and repair procedures