Fabriciation Quality Supervision – Hornsea 1 Offshore Wind Farm
A-LEAF supported Ørsted in the period from 2016 – 2018 on the Hornsea 1 Offshore Wind Farm Project, with Quality Supervision on 174 Siemens Gamesa 7 MW Turbines. For this project A-LEAF supplied Quality Inspection Services towards the construction of nacelles at the Siemens production facility in Cuxhaven. Among others, our specialists performed Quality Inspections on all nacelle components, including: Hub, Generator, Front-end and Rear-end.
The developers behind the biggest Offshore Wind Farm to date yet, is a joint venture between Ørsted and Global Infrastructure Partners. Today the first turbines at Hornsea 1 are already commissioned and successfully operating, whereas the Hornsea 1 Offshore Wind Farm when fully operational will produce up to 1218 MW electricity pr. hour.
Services provided for the project:
- Final walk downs, and register snagging
- Inspection CTQ points and handling these into control plan document
- Monitoring/supervising/inspecting components and manufacturing activities
- Participation in the supplier’s inspection and test activities
- Monitoring product quality and participate in FAI/FAT activities
- Follow-up on manufacturing progress
- Reporting of non-conformities and observations.
Project Management – Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm
A-LEAF supported Bladt Industries in the period between 2016 – 2018 with project management services for the production of 30 Jacket Foundations towards the Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm Project, owned by Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners, SSE and Red Rock Power Ltd, electricity. The Jacket Foundations for the Beatrice Project are among the deepest of foundations in the industry used for offshore wind turbines, (between 68 and 81 meters) and consists of 84 – 7MW turbines from Siemens Gamesa, with a total capacity of 588 MW electricity pr. hour.
A-LEAF here supplied specialists with responsibility for sourcing of primary steel (pin piles) and secondary steel units (boat landings, platforms), Contract Management and overall responsibility for Time Management and Project Execution.
Services provided for the project:
- Contract Management and Negotiations
- Claim Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Coordination, running, and deliverance of sub suppliers
- Time schedule, build-up, and management
- Calculations and executing variation orders
Project & Quality Management – Södra Marieholms Bridge Project
In the period between 2016 – 2017, A-LEAF supported the two construction and engineering companies: Swedish – Skanska and Danish – MT-Højgaard with the installation and testing of Södra Marieholms Bridge in Göteborg, Sweden.
After the construction of movable parts for the bridge in Poland 2016, the parts were sent to Sweden for testing and installation. Bridging projects with movable parts like Södra Marieholm are typically very risky, with a high demand for quality and safety management. It was here that A-LEAF provided services within project management with a technical scope, towards planning and coordinating of site inspections, creation of work instructions and repair procedures, etc.
Furthermore, consultants from A-LEAF ensured a successful contracting of safe equipment, as well as follow-up and reporting of the overall project progress.
The Södra Marieholms Bridge was successfully opened up for public use in 2017.
Services provided for this project:
- – Contracting of Sub-contractors
- – Contracting of hired-in equipment (skylifts, generators, barge, etc.)
- – Planning and coordination of Sub-contractor’s activities & resources
- – Planning and coordination of site inspections
- – Follow-up and reporting of progress
- – Participate in project meetings with client
- – Ensure the creation of project specific documentation such as: work instructions and repair procedures